Amino acids are considered to be the building blocks of life. The 20 amino acids out of the 700 discovered to date are responsible for the growth, development, and the proper functioning of the vital organs of the body. They are classified on the basis of their functions and the mode of presence in the body, in three categories.
Amino Acid Categories
● Essential: The seven Amino acids that cannot be produced by the body and are responsible for the production of the non-essential amino acids responsible for the growth and development of the body are considered essential Amino Acids.
● Semi essential: Two Amino Acids that are required by the body during specific conditions and during the growing age is called the Semi essential Amino Acids.
● Non-essential: The last group of Amino acids comprising of eleven amino acids is produced in the body by the synthesis of the essential Amino Acids forms the non-essential Amino Acids. They are vital for the growth, development, and proper functioning of the body.
The essential Amino Acids, hog the limelight and are on the top of the list of bodybuilding supplements of any person serious about building muscles or burning fats. However, some of the non-essential Amino Acids work wonders and can contribute in more ways than one, in building those muscles or getting into shape.
Here are a few of them:
● Glutamine: Muscle comprises of 61% Glutamine. The primary component of the muscle helps the muscle to generate strength and recover without muscle breakdown. It provides the elements required to produce energy without straining the muscle tissues, ensures that the body immunity is optimum. It is a Nitrogen and carbon donor, helping in protein synthesis, generates strength and stamina. Glutamine helps in recovery without muscle break as it forms block protein and arrest muscle catabolism, which dramatically reduces muscle strength and breaks muscles. The body might take almost six days to recover the Glutamine lost in a day's workout. In addition to protein synthesis, it helps the immune system and prevents illness. Thus, excess of Glutamine through Pre and Post workout dietary supplement or energy drinks or Protein shakes taken during workouts ensure that the body produces the energy required for protein synthesis and metabolism, building muscles and breaking down fat molecules without wasting the muscles.
● Tyrosine: Tyrosine is essential in the production of Dopamine, Epinephrine, and Norepinephrine in the nervous system and lower part of the brain, increasing the levels of cognitive performance by decreasing stress and fatigue.
It produces Phenylalanine and Catecholamine during synthesis, the hormone that affects lipolysis and thermogenesis. Enabling effective weight loss. With an abundant supply of Tyrosine through Protein Supplements, weight training sessions will be more focused, less tiring. It will be more productive while burning body fat, and recovery will be without fatigue.
● Cysteine: The essential Amino Acid strengthens the immune system, increases the liver enzyme levels, which helps in getting rid of the excess chemicals available in the body during post cycle therapy. It is also an antioxidant and is beneficial for overall health. When in excess, it can be used to produce energy and the formation of other Amino Acids in the body.
Whether one is gaining muscle shape, strength, and mass or is desperate to lose those extra pounds, Amino Acids plays a pivotal role. Make sure you grab the right supplement with the correct dosage, pump more, gain more, and recover fast.