What is the difference between BCAA and EAA?
EEA and BCAA are protein based supplements that are essential to obtain required level of protein for the body. Sometimes, meal of a person does not contain adequate level of protein. In this case protein supplements can prove beneficial to fulfill protein requirement of body. Protein is an essential macro-nutrient along with carbohydrate and fats and perform many crucial function in human body. It helps to in making muscles, tissues, enzymes and hormones. All enzymes and hormones in human body are of protein nature. Protein also help in weight loss and toning of muscles. Proteins are made up of amino acids.
A brief intro to BCAA (Branched Chained Amino Acid):
There are 20 different types of amino acids in human body that form thousands of different protein. Nine of them are essential amino acid that cannot be formed by human body and obtained through diet i.e. eggs, meets and dairy products. Three of the nine essential amino acids are branched chain amino acid (BCAA) leucine, isoleucine and valine. These are also found in protein rich diet but if a person lacks protein rich diet then he can obtain Branched Chain Amino Acid (BCAA) through BCAA supplements. Five benefits of BCAA supplements are listed below:
- BCAA leucine speeds up muscle protein formation which is an essential part in synthesis of muscles thereby increasing muscle growth.
- Some studies conducted on BCAA reveal that it is essential in treating muscle soreness after workout. This types of soreness is known as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) which develops after exercise and lasts for 72 hours approximately. BCAA reduces the severity of DOMS by decreasing muscle damage
A brief intro to EAA (Essential Amino Acid):
Essential Amino acid (EAA) supplements consist of essential amino acid used for the dietary management. It consist of all essential amino acids that are required by our body and can only be obtained through protein rich diet.
- EAA have demonstrated to increase oxidation of existing fats in the body thereby increase fat burning and help in weight loss.
- EAA help the body to repair and grow the muscles of the body by increasing the formation of protein.
- It also induces fast muscle growth by increasing protein synthesis.
- It reduces muscle fatigue. EEA supplements are effective for weight lifters and athletes who are at increased risk of protein breakdown in muscle.
- It also increase muscle recovery and ease muscle soreness.
EAA versus BCAA:
Whether one should give preference to EEA and BCAA depends upon one's diet. If a person is consuming enough essential amino acids per day then BCAA supplements will work well to promote better workout and faster recovery. On the other hand if a person skip one meal or not getting enough protein rich diet then he should prefer EEA (essential amino acid) supplement instead of BCAA supplement.
- When we make a comparison of EEA and BCAA then it comes out that EEA is more efficient in promoting muscle growth by increasing protein synthesis.
- In conclusion, EEA supplements are best for the people who are skipping meals and not taking enough protein through their diet. BCAA supplements are best for the people who consume adequate amount of protein through their diet and just want an extra edge.